“So we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually we are members of one another.”
Parkway Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), formerly known as Evangel Christian Church, held its first service in 1981, though God had planned for us in the 1950’s with money set aside from the sale of Stuart Street Christian Church.
Services were held at several temporary “homes” before the congregation moved into our current building in December 1987. Since that time, we have paid off our mortgage, added the sanctuary and expanded the parking lot. A master plan for Parkway’s five acre site is a guiding vision for our future. Several “charter members” remain active in the life of the congregation.
In an effort to live out our vision, Parkway is active in outreach both locally and nationally as well as internationally through prayer, mission work, donation of time and goods as well as monetary giving. Outreach
We invite you to join us as we continue to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ, accomplished through our leadership teams and members. Leadership
God has been with us, is with us, and will be with us, and for God’s presence in our lives, we are thankful.